Wednesday 3 October 2007

GOOBYE SEPTEMBER

Ever had one of those times when it feels as if everything happens all at once. Well September has been it for me. I still had all the August drama and tensions and all sorts have happened again .

Spetember is a bittersweet month for me. I cannot curse or hate September because my greatest joys and greatest sorrows have been in the month of September.

My mother was born at the beggining of the month, my father at the end of the month. My nephew and cousin are also born in September. But September also took away my father and has now taken away my nephew. When my cousin reaches every 30th of Spetember, she has made another year, I suppose i should be grateful, cuz we could lose her at any time......

Sometimes i find myself wondering why all this should be happening now. Just when i had decided to get my life together. Sometimes i don't even know what to think. But one thing is for sure, i have made up my mind, am relocating back home. Unfortunately, its taken some very tough times, but what we all need in times of trial is our family's support. I tell you it's not easy coping alone with half of our family on another side of the world.Its not been an easy decision cuz every morning i still wake up and think am i doing the right thing.

I don't even know where to start packing up from. Its amazing the amount of junk we all pick up in a short amount of time, and i've come to find out that we nigerians are the worst pack rats of all. Its definetely not good to come from the type of society we have back home. You are always reluctant to throw something out cuz you think someone, somewhere back home will have better use for it.

Anyway i think i had better start with a list of things we'll need back home and then start moving on from there. then there's a job to start looking for and all the other things to think of.

When i start getting worried now about everything i just tell myself LT take it one day at a time and that what am going to do. I just need to beleive it first.

7 comments:

Admin UD said...

Sorry about the demise of your Dad and nephew, scary stuff, i must day!

All da same, God will continue protecting his very own. Have faith and believe.

And on your relocation back home to naija, don't worry, you'll do just foine. Though, there'll be series of shocks and regrets but with time...

No wonder they say NIgerians are the happiest people on earth.

HAve a lovely day! Cheers!!

ladytyne said...

Thanks Ugo,am just trying to get myself back on track after all the upheavals.

Me i no worry about naija o. I know all will be well.

Initium said...

Hey, I just came across your blog. I pray for you to have God's peace and wisdom at this time. Hope things go well with you!

BiMbyLaDs** said...

hey sweetie, thank you for reading my blog and even bigger thank you for leaving a comment.. I had to return the visit, and ofcourse read ur previous post. ((hugs)).. sorry about your losses. Count them as gain for they are in a better place.

going bakc home sometimes is what someone needs to make them whole.. hope all goes well for u..

stay blessed :)

Rinsola said...

Sorry about your loss, and on your going back home, God would take care of you and just as you said Take one day at a time and always commit your steps unto His hands?

7 said...

I posted this for you in my blog, but in case u don't come to read it here goes.......4 ladytyne: One day at a time is so right. The Bible says what would you gain from worrying about tomorrow? You are going through a test, you will not only pass with an A+, you will have such a great testimony that others will praise God on your behalf. Stay strong!

Allied said...

I am sorry for your loss. God is with you.