Friday 3 August 2007

HOLIDAYS

I had been really looking forward to the holidays so that i would at least have some rest but in 10 days so far, i didn't think so much could happen.

School hols began on the 21st and my son Timi had already prepared a long list of things to do for the hols. We usually go away for a couple of days n this time its scotland, but am not looking forward to the trip. I am not into castles and dungeons but since they will be studying them in his class next year i have no choice but to go.( We have done Romans, Vikings and all d rest).

I really do not understand why they are learning all this.My own summer holidays at his age was filled with playing all kinds of football and cooking rice in derica tins ( sand, stones and pangolo).

I have gone to hit the shops all in the name of summer sale, but tell me how u r supposed to enjoy shopping wen you are in the rain all day?

Next we have had 2 major incidents with water. First Timi flooded the kitchen by blocking up the sink. If looks could kill, then all the looks he got on saturday morning would have buried him. We were supposed to go out and enjoy a little sun but then we had to spend the next 3hrs washing and drying the kitchen out.

Unfortunately for someone, yours truly just sat down and was watching him. I didn't think he believed he was going to wash out the whole kitchen himself ( The look on his face was priceless - i wish i remembered to get the camera). I was throughly enjoying myself by telling him he had missed spots and he had to go back to do them.

Then the incident that made my whole week, my mum fell into the North Sea. I laughed so much i almost cried, but it was my fault well not totally but a bit sha.

We live in a small coastal town, and when the sun finally decided to show face, we had a day out on the beach. Everything had been going fine until i decided to become an amatuer model o. I wanted my mum to take a picture of me catching the wave, i honestly don't know wat happened, the next thing i knew she and the camera were in the sea and a lifeguard had already come to help her out.

She was fully clothed and we didn't have a change of clothes, by the time we got home after walking across the sand- we looked like a ragged bunch.

At least the memory card is ok so we saved the pictures.

The holiday has been relaxing so far as i dont think i have gotten up before 8 in the morning.

Then the Harry Potter book came along......... dis is wat happened. On friday, the weather forecast for saturday was rain and wind, so i didn't intend to go out. I went to the library and got some books out. I thot well this would keep me busy.

Then at about 10 am on saturday, the phone rings and its the library telling me to come and collect the potter book.

I had reserved it for 50p since like february or march since it was announced it was the last episode. So rain and wind, i braved it to the library to pick it up. I finished reading it at about 11.30pm.

Well i cheated at first- i turned to the back to see the end, saw everytin was fine and settled to read the book. Thank God i had cooked on Friday, so there was food in the house.

After i finished the book- comments started to come in.

mama 3: ki lo n ka?

me: harry potter.

mama 3: abajo. is that what you went to get from the library? and you were reading it as if you were speed reading.

me: speed reading ke? how?

mama 3: ehn now. when it not as if you are working for MI5 or 6.

A2 cuts in

A2 : dont blame her. In her country, is there any library that will call her to tell her that a book has arrived or they will actually give her the book cuz she was the 1st to reserve it?

me: thank you. lemme alone.

It just occured to me that the rest of the conversation was cut off as i typed it.

This is the first 10 days so far, dont know wat will happen the rest of the hols.

P.S Does any one have tips for surviving food in a white household. I am not looking forward to the food when we visit scotland. i have told my mum i am taking ground pepper with me.

2 comments:

7 said...

Wishing you a great holiday! Much respect to you for making the decision to have your son. I would take pepper too o, I can't eat bland food.
Your newly found adopted sis :-)

ladytyne said...

Thank u big sis. It's been tough but its been worth it.

yes o am definetely takin the pepper.