Thursday 23 August 2007

FAITH

I don't know where to start but it seems am getting my faith back. I don't know or recollect when it went, all i know is that i had lost it somehow. It didn't go away without leaving consequences.

I stopped going to worship. It wasn't as if i wanted a change in religon or church or anything like that - i just got fed up with everything. It was all about me,but selfishly i did not realise how it was affecting others around me.

It was not until my bro came up to me and asked why i was at home on sunday mornings, then my mother said my son was asking why i wasn't coming anymore or why i wasnt joining in any devotion before i realised that my actions were leaving an impression on my son.

Did i want him to have that type of image about me? No way. I remember i used to tell people that my mother's prayers were working overtime on me, that if it were left entirely to me, i don't even want to imagine what would have happened to me.

It made me start thinking i want to be someone who could be counted upon Spiritually, like the time my other bro A1 called my mum in the middle of the night and asked her to pray for a family friend. He had that much convinction in her. I felt thoroughly ashamed of myself and decided to make a change.

Resolution: I started going back to worship, felt my heart almost burst with pride when Timi gave his first public reading in worship but it wasn't until i went away and suddenly just realised that something had changed and i had started getting perspective back.

Been punching away at the computer even though have a lot of work staring me in the face but i just feel the need to write. I guess am a bit scared, my mum is in hospital for an operation and am trying not think about it. It was one of the reasons we all went away on holiday together.

I also have a job interview coming up next week and to be thruthful, i am scared. If its succesful then it will mean a change from all i've ever known.

Oh, i've just looked at the time i have less than an hour to be at the hospital. guess i have to continue this later,.

It feels good to be back. At least my blog is familiar.

8 comments:

7 said...

I pray that your Mom's operation goes well and that you continue to grow in faith. I pray you soar like an eagle at the interview. I pray that all continues to be well with you and yours!

Style Stalker said...

Awww. . . . I pray everything goes well with your mom. All the very best on your interview . . . . and prayers do work miracles! It is well!

Sisbee said...

I hope your mum's op was okay if she has had it. The Lord is in control, you are victorious in both situations. The interview will go well.
Hold on to your faith...we've been talking about it alot in my church and fellowship this month, fan the flames, you'll be alright.

ladytyne said...

Thanks Everyone the op went well but then we got more bad news. I'll blog about that.

I wont lie am hanging on to my faith presently with a very, very thin line but i guess am still beleiving everything will work out well.

Still got some revision to do for the interview.

Admin UD said...

hey, wasup ladyt...nice having you around. Cheers! Guess i've gat some catching up to do on ya crib. l8r

Style Stalker said...

Glad the surgery went well . . . . how was the interview?

Anonymous said...

hope your mum is doing well and the interview?
CNG

7 said...

Just checking in on you to say "hi, hang in there and keep the faith no matter how tiny you feel it is" and "all is well"!