Thursday 12 July 2007

A NEW BEGINNING

Today is the day i decide to take my first step forward n deicde join the blog village. I cant even remember how i stumbled accross but it was good to meet fellow naijas out there feeling a bit of the things i felt.

It was coming across confusednaijagirls blog that decided to make me start. Girl i respeect and salute you for being strong. I've read a few things u've writteb n we have had similar experiences.You see i too have suffered abuse n u will be horrifed to know what i've gone thru.

But like one woman here is always saying, you need to face your past and let go so you can embrace the future.

So here i am pouring my soul out in order to start healing.
I am going to write about it all as i remember cuz funnily enuf i remeber almost all the experiences. I know my head is confused n a mixed up but i need to starighten it out cuz i've got one who depends on me now.

I have kept it hidden long away but now i break the silence. I want everyone who reads my blog to know abuse can come from almost any sector thats why am speaking out.
If you know me, you would find it very hard to beleive what i have gone thru, cuz am always the happy,optimistic smiling one but the one dying away inside.

My mum is the only soul i have told, but i think she would die of a broken heart if she knew the extent of it. Through it all i still enjoyed my childhood. I have no regrets. I hope my story can help others to heal and watch out better for their kids.

All of you others that i read out there thanks in your own way for keeping me going when dark days threatened to run over my mind.

2 comments:

7 said...

I read your post on CNG's blog. Knowing there are other people out there living life and not letting the abuse ruin their lives gives us hope. God bless!

BOBBY said...

Bless your heart...and i hope this journey sets you free.